Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Chocolate Milk Caper of 2011!! Part 1

I pride myself (humbly of course) at being able to remove stains and the occasional *scent* from our diapers.    However, while I was out grocery shopping, family members (who shall remain nameless for their own protection), gave the babies for some unknown reason...chocolate milk.  And, it was dairy.  Which is not a big thing, unless you have lactose intolerant children.  But chocolate goodness was consumed, and here is what happened.  I came home to THE WORST cloth diaper catastrophe ever.  Besides giving my babies chocolate milk, the youngest was also put in an aplix closing diaper.  A diaper, which she has learned to remove quickly and efficiently.  I nearly fainted when I saw the lactose induced nightmare before my eyes.  The mess, the stains, the smell, the HORROR!! 
Fast forward...babies were detoxed and changed.  Affected areas were completely scrubbed and sanitized with appropriate cleansers.  And, my sanity was once more intact.  Then I realized the project before my eyes.  It was every fluff using parent's nightmare.  I carried my diaper pail outdoors, and braced myself for the task.
'Okay, its not doable.  I will just throw these away.  Oh man, these were new diapers too!  I really loved the pocket, and I can't believe she got it on the outside aplix?!  How do you get this stuff on the outside?!  What do I do?! Gross, I should just go dump these right now.  I think I am going to throw up. What were they thinking giving them CHOCOLATE MILK?!?!?!?!?!?"
This was basically the conversation my cerebral mass was having with me for well over five minutes as I pondered the fate of these diapers.  These were the most challenging diapers I had ever faced in my decade and a half of cloth.  There was a lot of pleading, a whole lot of frustration, and even a tear or two on my cheeks.
So, did I throw them away?  Read on and find out what I did to see if these could be rescued!!

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing so hard right now! My family is notorious for doing things like this.
    I am dying to see how you got them clean or if you threw them away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read on Petite Bottoms!! lol- glad you got a laugh out of this!!

    ReplyDelete